Business Model Canvas Template Excel
The Business Model Canvas Template Excel is a spreadsheet template that can help you easily design your business model canvas.
The Business Model Canvas is likely to be the world’s most well-known and used business modelling system. This tool was developed by Alexander Osterwalder, in his book entitled Business Model Generation.
It is user-friendly and different from everything that had been previously proposed, because it dispenses pages and pages of explanations and, on the other hand, focuses the attention of interested parties on a single canvas.
This blank canvas is divided graphically into nine building blocks, which must be filled in as follows:
- Customer Segments: you should start filling out your Business Model Canvas here. That’s because it’s easier to design your business when you already know who you’re selling to. Try to answer as briefly as possible to the question: “Who is my primary customer?” or “What kind of customer can I generate value for”?
- Value Propositions: having defined who your audience is, in the first block, you must now think about what needs of those people your product can meet. Ask yourself “What value do I deliver to my consumer?” Basically, try to highlight what differentiates your product or service from the competition.
- Channels: the question here is “What are the best ways for me to reach my customer?”. List, in this block, all the ways through which your business can deliver value to your customer, whether sales channels, distribution or even communication and marketing.
- Customer Relationships: the purpose of this block is to bring together all the service, communication and after-sales strategies that your business will use to create a relationship with the customer, in order to guarantee the retention of your audience, preventing them from migrating to the competition.
- Revenue Streams: “How and how much will my customer pay for the value proposition I will be delivering?” This block outlines how your business will make money. You can have more than one revenue stream also, and it is important that all of them are included here. For example, sales, subscription, licensing, etc.
- Key Resources: to fill this block, you first need to ask yourself “What resources are essential for my business to be able to deliver value to the customer?”. Then, you must also include the necessary resources to keep your channels and relationship strategies working. In short, they are all fundamental assets for the maintenance of the business, such as software, human resources, machines, among others.
- Key Activities: the purpose of this building block is very similar to the previous one. Indicate here all the essential activities for your business to work out and deliver value to the customer. They can be development and maintenance of technologies, production line, logistics and distribution etc.
- Key Partners: inform in this block who your business partners are, observing the motivation of each one, whether they are suppliers, service providers, outsourced companies, among others.
- Cost Structure: it is interesting to let this as the last block of the Business Model Canvas to be completed. By doing so, you will have already defined what the main activities and resources are so that your business can deliver value to the customer. Therefore, you will be able to define the costs that these and the other blocks may involve and, thus, explain them finally.
Notice that, using the Business Model Canvas Template Excel for designing your business model, you and your team will be able to view the business as a whole, on a unique screen. Thus, it is easy to observe each of its essential aspects and how they relate to each other.
Download right now the Business Model Canvas Template Excel Spreadsheet for free. Fully editable to help you create your own business model canvas. You can also download the Canvas in PDF format.
There are no reviews yet.